Educational Leadership Graduate Programs
The Educational Leadership, M.A. is fully online!
Whether you are a classroom teacher, instructional coach, dean, program manager, or other educational leader, you’ll learn in an exciting, engaging and relevant program which brings together dedicated educators who are ready to make a positive difference in the lives of students, teachers, districts and communities.
Open the door to your next step as a leader in education with the highly regarded Master of Arts degree in Educational Leadership from the University of New Mexico College of Education & Human Sciences – New Mexico’s Flagship Research I institution. Share your experiences and learn with a diverse group of educators from across New Mexico and the U.S. through our completely online program.
Choose one of the two concentration areas in our popular 36-credit M.A. program. The first option is with administrative license for pre-K – 12 educators, and the second is a research track tailored to those working in higher education.
As part of honoring and embracing leadership and education, corn POLLEN was utilized by Southwestern tribes in recognition of the outstanding leadership attributes of tribal members, and to pray for all living things, as well as educational success and persistence.
All graduate students are required to work under the supervision of an assigned advisor and to develop and follow a planned Program of Study composed of required courses and, where appropriate, additional courses selected with the approval of the advisor and/or the Program of Study Committee. Courses taken without prior approval may not be accepted toward the completion of the degree. Students must maintain a 3.3 cumulative GPA in all Program of Study coursework.
- Apply by visiting the UNM Graduate Studies Admissions page. Applicants must meet the requirements set forth in the College section of the UNM catalog and in the sections on graduate studies.
- Transcripts: Please order one official set of transcripts to be sent to email@example.com. If electronic is not possible, mail to UNM Office of Admissions, PO Box 4895, Albuquerque, NM 87196-4895.
- Complete the Professional Biographical Form and attach it to your application online.
- Review the program Specific Instructions.
- Optional: Sign up for the Educational Leadership Listserv to receive important program information.
Admission Procedures for International Students:
All international applicants must complete two steps in order to be admitted to the Educational Leadership Program.
- Visit the UNM Global Education Office and follow the provided guidelines.
- Prepare and submit the application packet.
Educational Leadership Listserv
To sign up for the Ed Leadership Listserv, send an email message to:
- Leave the subject field blank
- In the body of the message type the following information only:
Subscribe EDLEADGROUP-L Firstname Lastname (your first and last name)
- Hit send
Leading New Mexico in Educator Preparation and Research
The overall mission and purpose of our work within the Teacher Education, Educational Leadership & Policy Department is to prepare and support teachers, teacher educators and teacher leaders who support the children and families of New Mexico. Read more about our Mission and Core Values.