Educational Leadership Graduate Certificates
The Educational Leadership, EdS Certificate is fully online!
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership or a complementary field. The overall mission and purpose of our work is to prepare and support future educational leaders who support the students, teachers, schools, districts, families and institutional of higher learning in New Mexico. We carry out this mission with particular attention to infusing all the Core Values of the College into our program: advocacy, building professional identities, collaboration and relationships, dignity, diversity and social justice, scholarship and research, and teaching and learning all in the rich context of New Mexico.
In addition to University requirements for graduation, students must successfully complete a leadership project and exit assessment.
- Apply by visiting the UNM Graduate Studies Admissions page. Applicants must meet the requirements set forth in the College section of the UNM catalog and in the sections on graduate studies.
- Transcripts: Please order one official set of transcripts to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If electronic is not possible, mail to UNM Office of Admissions, PO Box 4895, Albuquerque, NM 87196-4895.
- Complete the Professional Biographical Form and attach it to your application online.
- Review the program Specific Instructions.
- Optional: Sign up for the Educational Leadership Listserv to receive important program information.
Admission Procedures for International Students:
All international applicants must complete two steps in order to be admitted to the Educational Leadership Program.
- Visit the UNM Global Education Office and follow the provided guidelines.
- Prepare and submit the application packet.
Educational Leadership Listserv
To sign up for the Ed Leadership Listserv, send an email message to:
- Leave the subject field blank
- In the body of the message type the following information only:
Subscribe EDLEADGROUP-L Firstname Lastname (your first and last name)
- Hit send
Leading New Mexico in Educator Preparation and Research
The overall mission and purpose of our work within the Teacher Education, Educational Leadership & Policy Department is to prepare and support teachers, teacher educators and teacher leaders who support the children and families of New Mexico. Read more about our Mission and Core Values.