Get your MA in Education, online
This online MA is designed to advance classroom practice and student learning.
- Access to all UNM Libraries including Zimmerman Library, and all online databases.
- Free admission to all UNM athletic events, if enrolled in 6 or more graduate hours.
- Free access to all exercise and wellness facilities at Johnson Center.
Requirements for Applications
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (B) or its equivalent in their last two undergraduate years and in their major field
- Indicate all academic institutions they have previously attended on their applications (and provide transcripts)
- Hold an Elementary or Secondary Teaching License
The degree is designed to for students to complete in two years. The required courses for the degree will be offered online during academic semesters as well as during the summer.
Typical Course Schedule
EDUC 502: Advanced Instructional Strategies
EDUC 520: Effective Teaching and Student Learning
EDUC 552: Social Justice in Education
MSET 571: Multimedia Literacy for Educators
EDUC 513: Process of Reflection and Inquiry
EDUC 542: Principles of Curriculum Development
EDUC 563: Mentoring Educators for Professional Growth
MSET 570: Digital Game-Based Learning
EDUC 500: Research Applications to Education
EDUC 505: Experiential, Problem-Based, and Service Learning
EDUC 590: Seminar (this course is taken in the student’s graduation semester)
30+ total credit hours
***course offerings may vary
Professional Licensure Disclosure
Our program has determined it meets professional licensure requirements in the state of New Mexico. It has not determined it meets professional licensure requirements in any other state.