Catherine Loughlin Endowed Fund for the Individual Study of Teaching
The Catherine Loughlin Endowed Fund for the Individual Study of Teaching has been created to help Teacher Scholars grow in the practice of their profession through an independent study grant program. Teacher-scholars study their own teaching through professional development opportunities such as, but not limited to: attendance at conferences, taking a university/college class, participating in language immersion programs, engaging in relevant field work/research, or studying disciplines which relate to the practice of teaching. Awards can be up to $5000.
Upon completion of the activity, the teacher-scholar will present a final report to the UNM College of Education & Human Sciences Scholarship Committee on the results of the grant.
In order to be eligible for funding, you must be a current licensed/practicing teacher in a NM PK-12 public/private school, not currently pursuing a college or community college degree. The fund is not designed to help individuals become teachers, or work toward degrees for initial or extended licensure. Priority will be given to teachers serving as mentor/cooperating teachers.
Interested teachers must submit a proposal that includes the following:
- Application cover page (Download the template and rubric as a Word Document)
- Current Resume
- Proof of NM Teaching License
- Letter of Intent
- Detailed description of proposed activity/study plan
- Transcripts from institutions attended with degree(s) awarded
- Recommendation letter from current principal
- Detailed description of the budget
The proposal should be a well written document that provides detailed description of the following:
- What activity the teacher-scholar will engage in
- What knowledge, skills, and instructional tools teacher-scholar will gain by participating in the activity
- How teacher-scholar’s teaching will be enhanced
- How the teacher-scholar will apply the learning in their classroom; and
- How reflection on practice will occur as a result of the activity
Please include a detailed budget that includes the following:
- Conference/class registration fee
- Travel expenses (air or mileage)
- Other potential expenses
(For lodging and meals estimate daily cost and multiply by the number of days required)
The window opens for the Loughlin Fellowship is CURRENLTY OPEN and closes November 1st.
Please submit your application materials at: https://fieldservice.wufoo.com/forms/z1fkxp6l10njzv3/
If you have questions, please email them to Erin Jarry at firstname.lastname@example.org