Trenia Walker, EdD
Dr. Walker received her doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction, her M.A. in History, and her B.A. in English from the University of Houston. Walker has served as a middle- and secondary- school History and English/Language Arts teacher, university History lecturer, a supervisor of student teachers, and held several administrative positions at the university-level.
- Fulbright Scholar in Kosovo 2013-2014
- U.S. State Department/U.S. Embassy in Kosovo Grant - 2014 ""Supplemental Teacher Training Program - Preparing Better Teachers""
- Conducted a 5-week ""Institute in American Education"" for 10 undergraduate students from the University of Pristina who were preparing to become teachers in the Republic of Kosovo.
Research & Scholarly Interests
- Media, culture, and curriculum
- Teaching history
- Comparative education
- School/teacher effectiveness