Praxis Subject Assessments Preparation
The state is in the process of transitioning from the NMTA to Praxis exams. Registration is available at NMTA (New Mexico Teacher Assessments) and NES (National Evaluation Series) by Pearson through December 31, 2020 or the PRAXIS exam by ETS (Educational Testing Service) beginning January 1, 2020. Effective September 1, 2020, the NMPED will only offer PRAXIS tests for licensure.
Praxis Preparation Materials
The following links will direct you to the official Praxis page for the specific test. The official page includes links to a free study companion and plan, and a computer-based test demonstration.
- Education of Young Children (Birth-Prekindergarten);
- Elementary Education: Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- One of the Content Assessments for the First Endorsement on the License
- Pre-Kindergarten Education (Age 3- Age 8)
- Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades K-6;
- Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades 7-12;
- Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications
- Teaching Reading: Elementary
Students are eligible to receive a free interactive practice test from ETS. To request your practice test(s):
- Download the interactive practice test request form (you will need to complete a separate order form for each test);
- fill in your name and email address, then choose the Praxis test code/test name from the drop down menu (leave the Praxis Candidate ID Number blank); and
- send your order form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: interactive practice test request form. The CSS Outreach team will complete the information inside the box and submit the form to ETS.